This time we will talk how to get out from Kaliningrad to Gdansk, Poland. We have the same 4 bus routes that you can take to leave Russia to Gdansk.
Let’s start again with the most English-friendly company around – Ecolines. Their Bus 11514 departs from 15:00 on Thursday and Saturday from the Main Bus Station, here:
Our second option. This company is operating Bus 249 route:
- 06:30 Daily
- and 16:30 Fr, Sa, Su
You can book tickets from Kaliningrad to Gdansk online, just look for the the language trigger on the page bottom. Automatic translation isn’t perfect, but it gives a clear picture of the booking process. But there is a very important step: select the right station to depart. This company is using their own bus station that is far from the city center. It’s up to you to decide which one is more suitable. Check the Google Street View, the map and the screenshot below:
- Kaliningrad-Moscow avenue. 184 – is the starting point
- Kaliningrad Railway 7 – is the second stop at the Main Bus Station. Departure time is different there too. It takes 15 or more minutes for the bus to get there through the city traffic to pick up passengers. And then it goes to the Poland border.
Note that KenigAuto company operates the hotel right next to their station also. Average review score is 6.9/10, but location is nice if you arrive or depart late or early. The cheapest room will be 20 Euro.
3. Other companies at Kaliningrad Bus Station website
Two more bus companies are using the Main Bus Station for Gdansk destination.
Bus 802 Kaliningrad, Russia – Gdansk, Poland
- 06:00, 07:30, 15:00 Daily
Bus 900 from Russia to Sopot via Gdansk and Gdansk Airport
You can book tickets from the official website. There is an automatic translation option, but feel free to contact us if you need any help with it.
p.s. just in case if you will need to ask directions in Russian
- Main Bus station – Avtovokzal Yuzhny
- KenigAuto Station – Avtovokzal na Moskovskom