This is one of the most frequent questions asked by the travelers. It’s quite easy in general, but it’s hard to find an actual information in English.
There are 4 different bus routes that will bring you from this part of Poland to Russia. There is three websites that will help you:
The most English-friendly company with online booking is Ecolines. They offer two morning rides per week. This is the part of their longer route from Germany.
Ecolines Bus №11514
06:25 Tuesday and Sunday
Please note that Ecolines Bus stop is not on the main Bus Station, but next to the Railway station: 2 Waly Jagiellonskie str. Check the map below.
However, that’s not all options. Here are the main ones, but they are less English-friendly. So here we go…
KenigAuto company offers you the bus № 249 from Gdansk to Kaliningrad.
- 19:00 daily
- 21:00 Friday, Saturday and Sunday Note that this buses departs from the bus stop right outside the bus station. Check the red arrow on the map below.
To book tickets follow this link kenigauto.com/booking/ and find the language trigger on the page bottom. Automatic translation isn’t perfect, but it gives a clear picture of the booking process.
3. Other companies at Kaliningrad Bus Station website
Third option is the Kaliningrad Bus Station website that also has the translate option. So you can try to check the actual schedule yourself. Here the list of the buses actual for November 2016.
- № 802 – departs from the main bus station.
- 06:00, 15:00, 17:00 daily
- Bus № 900 – departs from the bus stop outside the station. Check the map below.
- 18:30 Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
They do not provide the English interface during the booking process at the moment. So here are some tips for you and the direct link to the Kaliningrad Bus Station Booking Page:
- From – Гданьск
- To – Калининград
- One-way ticket
- With return ticket
- Bus number
- Departure time
- Select this bus
- Arrival time
- Price in Rubles
- Free places
16. Place of Birth
18. Gender Мужчина = Male and Женщина = Female
19. Phone number to contact you
20. Select the place… automatically by default
22. ID Document type Choose 4th in the list: Иностранный which means Foreign
23. Document number
24. Add passenger
25. Agree with terms and conditions
26. BUY Finally!
On the next step your contact phone will be requested again and then the standard credit card payment operations will follow.
Where to find a bus from Gdansk to Kaliningrad?
Red – 249 and 900
Green – 802
Yellow – Ecolines №11514
Pink – the passage under the railway station
White – Bus stop from the Airport.
So here is the basic information about this Route from Poland to Russia. It was updated in November2016 and changes are possible. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you need additional help and info about your future trip! See you in Kaliningrad! Daylight saving time changes didn’t affect the schedule.
Update: If you arrive to the Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa Airport, than check out this article: How to get from Gdansk airport to Kaliningrad.