This post will be about one of the newest and coolest hotel in Kaliningrad. It began functioning last year on board of the research vessel in the Museum of the World Ocean. It’s hard to find it on Booking.com because of the strange name they have chosen: Gostevie kayuti Vityaz witch is actually mean “Vityaz Guest Cabins” in Russian. Vityaz is the name of that legendary vessel that became part of this unique museum.
The location is nice:
- First of all this museum holds two places in the top five attractions in Kaliningrad on Tripadvisor rating.
- 20-30 min. walk to all other major point of interest in the city.
- Not far from the central streets, 10-minute walk to public transport.
- Supermarket, bank, restaurant – 5 minutes.
- Taxi ride will cost 2-3 euros to any part of the city.
- The price is 12 euro for a single cabin, that’s one of the cheapest options around at the moment. Obviously excluding hostel dorm rooms.
So what services are available? Seven cabins: single, double and superior. Shared kitchen and bathroom. Free private parking. And… Ping-Pong. 🙂 You will find more details, photos and prices at their booking.com page.
However, let us not forget, that the main idea of this place is the opportunity to spend a night on a real ship that built in 1939 by Germany, took part in World War II, taken by Great Britain in 1945 and later made 65 science expeditions as the Soviet Research Vessel. Visiting Russia is an adventure and this is the right place to stay for brave explorers.
p.s. One more feature! Cool selfies on board the ship and even from the old soviet submarine that is just 50 meters away from your room! This museum is really cool place and worth several post to be written in the future!
Here is the map to help you find the the way to the Museum of the World Ocean and its hotel:
Don`t hesitate to ask questions about your future trip to Kaliningrad! I will be glad to help you with any required information!